The Little Falls Public Library is seeking applicants for the position of a full-time Library Director. A job description and qualifications required are below. Applications will be accepted via the following link: https://forms.gle/TFyRqavEnZYKeU7X8
LITTLE FALLS PUBLIC LIBRARY
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR LIBRARY DIRECTOR (EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR)
The Library Director is the key management leader of the Little Falls Public Library. The Library Director is
responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties
include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Trustees.
1) Board Governance: Works with board in order to fulfill the organization mission.
● Responsible for leading the Little Falls Public Library in a manner that supports and guides the
organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Trustees.
● Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner,
all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the
● Responsible for fundraising and developing other revenues necessary to support the Little Falls Public
● Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget,
ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with Board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled
through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
● Responsible for implementation of Little Falls Public Library programs.
● Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that the Little Falls Public Library can successfully fulfill its
Mission into the future.
● Responsible for the enhancement of the Little Falls Public Library’s image by being active and visible in the
community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
4) Organization Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of
the organization are optimized.
● Responsible for the hiring, training, managing and retaining competent, qualified staff.
● Responsible for effective administration of the Little Falls Public Library operations.
● Shall communicate and coordinate operations with the Mid-York Library System, attend regular meetings
and workshops that will further professional growth and increase knowledge of current trends and ideas in
librarianship at the state and local level; keep up with professional reading through books and journals.
● Oversee the operation and maintenance of the building, grounds, and equipment. Report problems and
resolve them, consulting with the Board of Trustees on major maintenance issues.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED
● A bachelor’s degree, preferred.
● A minimum of three to five years of library management experience.
● Possession of strong technical, organizational, and financial management skills.
*New employees are subject to a 60-day probationary period*